Ingenico Group’s wireless terminals enable Pay at the Table capabilities with EPXPay Wi-Fi
WILMINGTON, Del., (PRWEB) April 18, 2016
Electronic Payment Exchange (EPX), an industry-leading full-service payment processor, is proud to be one of the first processors to support Ingenico Group’s IWL228 and iWL258 wireless smart terminals with EPXPay Wi-Fi. EPXPay Wi-Fi will provide both SMBs and large merchants alike with a flexible, low-cost, versatile payment experience.
Using EPXPay Wi-Fi enables a merchant, whether it’s a small business location using it in stand-alone mode, or full-service restaurants, stadiums, venues and other hospitality environments using it in a Semi-Integrated (SI) mode, to use the Pay at the Table functionality.
The advantages of Pay at the Table include:
- Increased profitability: able to turn tables quicker
- Improved guest satisfaction: enable customers to pay immediately without having to wait for their credit card to be returned by their server
- Increased security: Meets EMV fraud liability requirements of all brands. Also, eliminates the opportunity for identity theft and skimming by customers having their credit card at all times.
- Improved operations: enable your customer to enter tip at the time of authorization and eliminate the need for end of day tip adjustments
- Increased efficiencies: avoid traffic jams by eliminating the need for servers to walk to a POS terminal to process the transaction
Protecting merchant liability and cardholder data is key to all EPX products and EPXPay is no exception. EPXPay provides three layers of data protection - EMV acceptance, Encrypting card data and Tokenization using our Proprietary and Patented Technology.
"EPXPay Wi –Fi is a feature-rich product that enhances the experiences of both merchants and customers in service and hospitality industry environments," said Timothy Oneacre, General Manager of EPX.
In addition to EPXPay Wi-Fi, EPXPay SI is available on Ingenico Group’s smart terminals. When EPXPay SI is used, it allows for the terminal to be easily integrated into the merchant’s POS system.
The additional benefits of EPXPay SI include:
- Ability to rapidly bring an EMV solution to market.
- Eliminates the cost of EMV certification.
- Security improvements via elimination of sensitive data from POS.
- Simplification of PCI compliance via reduction in the cardholder data environment.
- A flexible application that works across Ingenico Group’s smart terminal platforms:
- iCT 220/250 – Countertop smart terminals
- iWL 228/258 – Wireless smart terminals
- iSC 250/480 – Multi-lane retail, touchscreen smart terminals
"The integration with Ingenico Group’s iWL 228 and 258 smart terminals will allow a wide range of merchants to take advantage of the many attributes that makes EPXPay one of the wisest choices in today’s payment market," Oneacre said. "The partnership between EPX and Ingenico Group is a beneficial one for all involved."
"The U.S. transition to EMV has created a large and growing need for EMV-enabled Pay-at-the-Table solutions," said Bernie Frey, Senior Vice President, Indirect Sales, US at Ingenico Group. "We’re seeing a lot of activity in this space, and are pleased to be working with EPX to take new solutions to market."
About Electronic Payment Exchange
Founded in 1979, Electronic Payment Exchange (EPX) is a full-service credit card, debit card, stored value, and electronic check (ACH) payment transaction processor with over $18 billion in annual processing volume. Its unmatched expertise in processing security allows EPX to offer merchants the most secure and cost-effective payment processing services. As a wholly owned subsidiary of award-winning North American Bancard Holdings, one of the electronic payment processing industry’s leading solution providers, EPX will continue to research, build, implement, and support industry-leading payment processing solutions that facilitate PCI compliance, protect merchants, and enhance consumer confidence. For more information, visit www.epx.com.